Earthquake, Vulcano Eruption and Tsunami insurance is intended to indemnify you if property which you have chosen to insure is damaged or destroyed by earthquake, Volcano eruption, Landslide, Tsunami or related perils mentioned in your policy.
Property which is insured
The property which you have chosen to insure will be stated the schedule of the policy. The property you insure should be property owned by you or for which you are legally responsible. This may include your buildings or the contents or fyour buildings or both. You may also want to insure specific items of property. You should agree what is to be covered before your insurance begins.
Property which is not insured
Unless you and Zurich have specifically agreed otherwise before your insurance begins, certain types of property will not be insured. The following is a summary of such property. You should read the detailed list of such property from the policy wording:
- Business books and documents
- Computer system records
- Money and securities
- Plans, designs and moulds
- Property of others that you are working on or storing for them
- Valuables including works of art
Your policy does not insure the cost of removing the debris of property destroyed or damaged by any peril whether insured or not unless you have specifically agreed this with Zurich.
Where your property is insured.
Unless you and Zurich have specifically agreed otherwise, your property is insured only at the location mentioned in the schedule.
Perils which are insured
Your property is insured against destruction or damage caused directly by the perils listed below. You should read the policy wording for more details:
- Volcanic eruption
- Fire or explosion caused by earthquake or volcanic eruption
Perils which are not insured
Unless you and Zurich have specifically agreed otherwise, your property is not insured against destruction or damage caused directly or indirectly by the perils listed below. This is a summary only of the excluded perils. You should read the policy wording for more details:
- Deliberate or fraudulent actions, wrong doing or negligence by you, anyone representing you or anyone following your instructions
- Flood which happens more than three days after an earthquake, volcanic eruption or tsunami
- Impact by vehicles
- Nuclear reactions and radiation
- Strikes, riots or civil commotion
- Terrorism or sabotage
- Theft following an earthquake, volcanic eruption or tsunami
- War, civil war
Your policy does not insure loss resulting from the interruption of your business.
If there is an earthquake, volcanic eruption or tsunami within 72 hours after another earthquake, volcanic eruption or tsunami, it is considered part of the first earthquake, volcanic eruption or tsunami